As a fellow dog lover…you already know…your dog makes every single day feel like Valetine’s Day! Cuddles, kisses and hugs all day long…for no reason!!! Man, dogs seriously are the best!
This article on petfinder.com says it best:
As Valentine’s Day approaches you could be thinking a couple of things. Maybe you’re contentedly daydreaming about perforated paper bunny cards, too-hot cinnamon hearts and the various secret admirers you are sure to have doting on you this year.
Or perhaps you are thinking, “Ugh.”
You’re not alone. Yahoo News reports that one in five people would prefer to spend Valentine’s Day with their pet over their partner.
So here are the Top 10 reasons why a dog makes a better date this Valentine’s Day:
- Dogs don’t talk. I could elaborate, but I think we can all agree this is a good thing.
- If you worry your dog will destroy your lovely home four seconds after you step out the door, you can put him in a crate. The authorities frown upon this when it comes to dates.
- Dog slobber is cute. Date slobber is very not cute. Ever.
- You don’t have to share your dessert with a dog (and probably shouldn’t). This is great because dessert is the best part about Valentine’s Day and all that stuff conveniently makes dogs sick. So you get your tempting torte all to yourself. Perfect!
- For the not-so-romantic folks out there, a dog won’t look hopefully, then desperately, and finally disdainfully into your eyes when the evening doesn’t end in a helicopter ride to Paris and a romantic marriage proposal. Won’t happen. Prolonged eye contact totally freaks dogs out.